Tecno F6 which is a direct upgrade from Tecno F5 was released late last month (September). Rumour has it that Tecno released this phone to compete with its biggest low-budget smart phone competitor in Nigeria at the moment: the Infinix Zero. The Infinix Zero, since its release in August this year, has become very popular among low-budget smart phone lovers in Nigeria; thanks to some serious marketing by Infinix and Konga.
For a low budget smart phone selling at around ₦20,000 to ₦30,000, the Tecno F6 is not bad at all.
- OS: Android OS, 4.4.2 (kit kat)
- CPU: 1.3GHz Quad-core Processor
- Screen: 4.7-inch IPS HD Display
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Memory: 16 GB internal memory; microSD up to 32 GB
- Camera: 8 megapixel Rear Camera with flash. 5 megapixel front camera
- Network/Connectivity: 3G, EDGE, Internet with Wi-Fi
- SIM: Dual SIM (Mini SIM and Micro SIM)
- Status: Available in Nigeria from September 2014
- Price: ₦28,000 to 39,000 @ Konga; ₦28,000 @Kara.com.ng
- Click here to buy Tecno F6 from Konga
Detailed/more specifications below..
Tecno F6 comes with the latest Android 4.4.2 (Kit Kat) which was absent in Tecno R7 (Tecno's latest release before the F6). Tecno keeps it simple with a decent sized 4.7inch screen. Its 1.3GHz Quad-core processor is amazing for a low budget smart phone and its 8MP back and 5MP front camera is just right for selfie lovers.
Tecno F6 vs Tecno F5
Almost every feature of Tecno F5 was upgraded in Tecno F6. The screen size is a little bit bigger at 4.7inches as compared to the 4.0 inches of the F5. While the F5 spots a decent Dual Core processor, the F6 comes with a powerful Quad-core processor. The camera quality and battery life were also upgraded from the 5/2MP back/front camera and a 1500mAh battery of the F5 to the 8/5MP back/front camera and a 2000mAh battery of the F6.
Tecno F6 vs Infinix Zero
The Infinix zero, like the Tecno F6 has a plastic cover but the Infinix Zero somehow looks sleek and expensive and considering the fact that the Infinix is slimmer (7.9 mm) than Tecno F6 (8.7mm) we have no choice but the declare Infinix Zero the winner of this physical appearance battle. Apart from the plastic cover, both low budget smart phones are similar in other aspects. They both use the latest Android 4.4 OS, 1GB RAM and they both support Dual SIM usage and up to 32GB micro SD card.
Infinix zero's screen size is only 0.3 inches bigger than that of the F6 and the Infinix can boast of a Gorilla-glass-3 protection unlike the F6. Also while Infinix Zero uses a powerful 1.4GHz Octa-core processor, Tecno F6 uses a less powerful 1.3GHz Quad-core processor. The quality of the rear camera (13MP) of the Infinix is also slightly better that that of the F6 (8MP) but its (Infinix Zero) front camera (2MP) is way below that of Tecno F6 (5MP).
From the specs and physical appearance, Infinix Zero is arguably the best low budget smartphone in the Nigerian Market today.
- Dimensions: 138 x 68 x 8.7 mm
- Colour: Black, White
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 OS (Kit Kat)
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Quad-core Processor
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- 2G - GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G - HSDPA 900 / 2100
- Dual SIM (Mini SIM and Micro SIM)
- Type: HD IPS Touch screen (without gorilla glass covering)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixel resolution
- Size: 4.7-inch screen
- Features: Flash
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Video Recording: yes
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Video Calling: Yes
- Wi-Fi (WLAN)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 32 GB microSD
- Instant messaging
- Music player
- Video player
- FM radio
- Social Media (pre-installed): Facebook, BBM, Palmchat, Whatsapp
- Maps: Google Maps
- Battery Capacity: 2000mAh
- E-book reader
- Flash Share
- Alarm, Memo, Calendar
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Voice Recording
- ₦28,000 @ Kara.com.ng
- ₦28,000 to 39,000 @ Konga; (Click here to buy Tecno F6 from Konga)
According to Tecno, Tecno F6 is known for the sharp, fast response, colorful 4.7” HD IPS touchscreen, watching movies will make you feel like you’re in the middle of all the action and games will become even more nail-biting.